Updated: 08.01.2021, by: Jesper Jakobsen
Estimated time to read: 6 - 7 mins.
This article is a step-by-step guide that you can use when building automations that you would like to have triggered when you send a message. It is advised to keep automations simple and not too long.
Create an automation that starts when you send a message
- Go to automation and click 'create automation'. Type in a name.
Choose what should start the automation
- Double click the green start button to the left
- Choose 'message sent' from the drop-down and save
- Click the 'double arrow' icon at the top right of the screen
- Put a tick in the box next to the message you wish should trigger the automation when it has been sent. If you haven't created the message yet, you can do it afterwards
Insert and connecting actions
- Drag and drop a 'new action' from the top left to the page
- Connect the 'start button' and the new actions
Add rules between actions
Double click on 'rules' and set the type:
- All quizzes done
- Time delay - specify time delay
- Media played - set specifications
- Contact group membership - select group
- Contact has tags - add the tag
- Is custom contact field - add from drop down
- Is insight field - set specifications
Choose which task the action should perform
- Double click the 'action' button
- Select 'send message' from the drop-down
- Select the message you wish to be sent when a contact reaches this action
Now we have created an automation that starts when someone fills out a contact info module. You can add as many new actions that you wish in order to do more with your automation. You can also add group membership rules to create several flows that differentiate between which messages your contacts should receive.
If you are experiencing problems with your automation, please check our automation troubleshooting guide.
Tags: automation, messages, trigger, onboarding, guide, step-by-step