Last updated: Sep. 23, 2020, by: Jesper Jakobsen
Estimated time to read: 4 - 5 mins.
On the 22nd of September 2020, we introduced some new features:
- Contacts can update their own contact information.
- Managers can update their employee's contact information.
- A new onboarding flow for new contacts the first time they log in to the app.
How to update contact information in the app:
Contacts can edit their own contact info and managers can update their employee's contact info too, following these steps:
- A contact goes to their own profile and clicks on the Edit Contact Information button. A manager can go to any of his employee's contacts and edit their contact information.
- Contacts can edit their own phone number and e-mail and choose whether or not to hide the contact information in the app. A manager can also edit the phone number and email and choose whether or not the contact should have re-send the homepage link.
- The contact or manager saves the info and the profile is now updated with the new info.
See the steps below, the first is contact updating own contact info and the second is a manager updating an employees info:
Manager updating employee info:
How does the onboarding flow work?
When a new contact logs in for the first time they will go through the following steps:
- Verify and/or update contact information. This is to ensure that their phone or email is up-to-date, so they can be reached and can later log in again.
- Choose their notification settings. Making it easy to choose preferred channels between SMS, email, and push notifications.
The flow will only show up for new contacts/employees, and only the first time they log in. It will also show up if a manager changes contact data for an employee, so they have a chance to update/accept the changes.