In this release, we're happy to bring you some several improvements to how updating employee information from within the app works.
1. New Onboarding Flow: Contact Information & Notifications
Ensuring that employees have a good first-time experience - and that their contact information is up-to-date - is a key concern to us and our customers.
To improve both of these points, we are introducing a new "onboarding flow" for when a contact/employee opens their employee app the very first time.
This simple flow is shown only to new contacts, and only on their first visit, and asks them to:
- Verify and/or update their contact information. This ensures that their phone or email is up-to-date, so they can be reached and can later log in again.
- Choose their notification settings. Making it easy to choose preferred channel between SMS, email and push notifications.
FAQ for the new Onboarding Flow
- When a new contact/employee logs in for the very first time, they can add, verify or update their contact info and choose how they wish to be notified.📝
- If you are using an integration, contacts will still go through this flow, however they just have to verify their contact info and will not be able to edit it. If the information is wrong, the employee can see your internal support information - so make sure to update this in your settings.
2. Updating Contact Info from Profile (Employee & Manager)
In order to make it easier to keep employee phone numbers and email addresses up-to-date, this release also makes it possible for employees to update their own phone number and email directly from their profile (as long as this info isn't coming from an integration, of course).
But employees aren't the only ones who can now update this information; with this release, we're also making it possible for Managers to add or update their employees' contact information.
Allowing managers to update the phone number and/or email address of their employees has been a frequent request from companies, who wish to decentralize their onboarding process. Now, managers are empowered to help new employees set up correct contact information – and can even share a direct link to the app home page as part of the process.
Other Enhancements 🛠
- We've done several updates to our Lambda workers and underlying technologies. This will allow us to further increase our their speed and performance in the future.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed: Tapping on the app logo in the header of the app now doesn't cause a full refresh of the page, but instead just fetches and refreshes what's necessary.
- Fixed: On occasion, navigating to Tools → Social Wall would cause an unknown error message.