Updated: 13.01.2021, by: Jesper Jakobsen
Estimated time to read: 5 - 6 mins.
What is Forward Security?
The Forward Security setting locks a message to the first device on which it's opened. This ensures that only your intended audience gets access to your communication.
If a device is not recognized, the recipient will need to verify they're the intended recipient with a four digit passcode, which they can request via SMS or email. This ensures that unintended recipients will not be able to get access to messages.
How do I configure Forward Security?
Forward Security can be set for the entire platform or on workspace level. You'll need to be an Admin in order to apply this setting.
Forward Security for entire platform (require Admin access)
- Go to Admin
- Under the Security tap, check Message Verification (Forward Security) and move the slider to the right
- Forward Security is now enabled for the entire platform including all workspaces in it
Forward Security for individual workspace(s) (require Admin access)
- Go to Admin and click on Workspaces
- Under Security and Permission Settings, check Message Verification (Forward Security) and move the slider to the right
- Forward Security is now enabled for this particular workspace
Tags: security, forward, access, new device, device, verification, permission, settings