What is a Smart Group?
To communicate effectively across an organisation, you must always make sure that your communication is targeted toward a specific audience. A way of doing this is with a Smart Group, where you can add employees and other users to specific distribution lists. This allows you to communicate directly to different departments based on certain criteria, such as:
- Job title (regional managers, shop assistants, graduates)
- Geographic location (country, region, postal code)
- Corporate division (headquarters, retail store, business unit)
- Any custom field (start date, allergies, involvement in social clubs)
Apply your own Smart Rules
- Go to Groups
- Click on create Group and select Smart Rules
- Type in a name for the Group and set your rules and values. In the example below, we have chosen that Contacts should be added to the group if their contact field Department is listed as Sales
- You can add more values to your smart rules by clicking +OR and you can add more fields by clicking +AND
- Remember to click on save when you're ready to apply the changes
Once you have specified the relevant fields, Actimo will automatically filter the Contacts in your workspace and add/remove Contacts to Groups according to the Smart Rules you have set.