Before launching Actimo, your IT department will need to handle two simple setups. These will highly improve your open rate and the experience for your recipients.
a) Use your own domain to build trust
Actimo messages are carried via SMS or email and will feature a clickable link. By default, this link is called app.actimo.com. You will need to change the domain to your own domain.
What to do
- Decide on the domain name eg. m.yourcompany.com - we suggest that you choose a name as short as possible, since a text message can only contain up to 160 characters. The longer a name for your domain, the less characters will be left to write your message. If possible, use an international top-level domain eg. ".com" if you will be sending to several countries.
- Your IT department needs to create the domain and point CNAME to lb1.actimo.com.
- Get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com when step two is completed. We'll then make sure to connect it to your Actimo account.
b) Avoid spam filters by setting spf-record or DKIM
If you don't have a complete list of phone numbers for your recipients, you may need to send emails to some of them to get 100 % reach. You may also want to send out an email newsletter via Actimo. In order to deliver emails with minimum risk of ending up in spam filters, your IT department has to create an spf record (or DKIM) to whitelist email sender. This will help emails get through firewalls and spam filters. If you do not setup an spf record, it could potentially decrease your delivery rate.
What to do
- Ask your IT department to create an spf record for spf.actimo.com. Make sure the set up is: include:spf.actimo.com.
- If you are not going to use your own email address as sender, then ask IT to create a firstname.lastname@example.org email address that you can use when sending emails from Actimo. You might prefer a 'no-reply', as you don't want hundreds of recipients to potentially reply directly to you.
- Get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com when handled. We'll test that it works correctly.
- If your IT department would like to use DKIM instead of an spf-record, please have them call your Customer Success Manager or Actimo Support at +45 38 41 47 00.